FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2021 | 4:00-6:00PM | YULUPA ELEMENTARY
Start your Halloweekend right! All BVUSD students and their families are invited to dress up in costume and bring their painted, carved, and/or decorated pumpkins to Yulupa Elementary for a boo-tiful Parade O’ Pumpkins. Students can bring as many artfully decorated or carved pumpkins as they like. Be sure to check your pumpkin(s) in, because one spirited classroom from each grade will win a PIZZA PARTY for the MOST PUMPKINS! There will be a photo booth, ghost suckers, and tasty treats to purchase! And don’t forget to wear your costume!
Pumpkin decorating guidelines
- Use your imagination and get creative! Pumpkins may be carved, painted or decorated in whatever way your student dreams up.
- Students should do the majority of the decorating themselves (parents please help with carving)
- If you bring a carved pumpkin, please bring your own battery operated light (no candles)
- Keep it school appropriate – no weapons of any kind, blood or gore
- Pumpkins can be dropped off at Yulupa 2:30-3:30pm on Friday, October 29 (look for the Pumpkin check-in table near the car circle)
- Please use masking tape to label your pumpkin with your student’s name and teacher
- If you are unable to drop off your pumpkin in advance, you can also bring it with you to the event
- Don’t forget to take your pumpkin home when you leave the event (or come back to get it at 6:00pm). Orphaned pumpkins may see the dark depths of the school dumpster.
The Spine-Tingling Fine Print:
- This is NOT a drop-off event; parents must attend with their children.
- Masks are required when not eating and drinking.
- Social distancing is recommended when possible.