We offer two different band programs for students at Strawberry Elementary: Beginning Band and Advanced Band.
The Bennett Valley Union School District beginning band program, sponsored by the Bennett Valley Education Foundation, is open for registration for the 2022-2023 school year. This program is open to all students at Strawberry school with no previous band experience. If your student has previous band experience, they should enroll in advanced band.
Strawberry’s advanced band program is led by educator and violinist Caleb Forschen. The program teaches students to read music and play their instrument both independently and with fellow musicians in concert performances.
Fees & Schedule
With your own instrument: registration donation request is $225.
With a district instrument: registration donation request is $285 to help with costs relating to cleaning, adjusting, and repairing of school instruments.
The cost of any caps, t-shirts, etc. for the annual parade appearance are not included in this donation request.
Beginning band meets at 7:20 am Tuesdays and Thursdays BEFORE school, starting on Tuesday, September 6th.
Distribution of District Instruments:
- If a student has his/her own instrument, they will be ready to go once registration is complete!
- If an instrument is needed, the District has over sixty instruments available for loan for the year. Distribution of district-owned instruments is determined on a first-come, first-served basis to registered students.
- Please complete the below form, including your full donation for the program and the instrument preference. If we run out of the particular instrument your child prefers, you may rent or purchase an instrument elsewhere, borrow one from a relative, or your child may select a different instrument from those district-owned instruments still available.
- The instrument maintenance and cleaning donation is for district-owned instruments which we loan to students. (Any costs of additional repairs beyond normal maintenance which may be needed due to negligence will be charged to the parents.) If your child chooses to play trombone or baritone, the instrument donation will not be requested (unless the child changes instruments after beginning).
- Instruments will be checked out by the band instructor at the beginning of the school year.
- Note about percussion: For the first half of the year there will not be percussion in beginning band. Instead, we will have all students focused on learning to read music while playing a brass or woodwind instrument. In the second half of the year students interested in percussion will have an opportunity to switch.
We think you will agree that the lessons with our instructors are worth more than the modest cost of the donation request!
Please direct questions to Strawberry Principal Josh Wilson at : email@example.com
BVUSD Instrumental Music Program–Sponsored by YOU, the parents and by:
The Bennett Valley Education Foundation